Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 10

Breaking point.

With only $35 left for another 10 days, I have come to the conclusion that I'm going to run out and get capped if I don't stop texting/calling so I am sorry to those who I have not replied to. Thank the Lord, dad left his sim card here when he left to Vietnam so I can use it as much as I want cause he's paying for it!! I finally unlocked my Nokia N97 phone which I went on a plan for, for two years.. Yeah, best decision of my life. Anyway, next time, I am going to pay someone to unlock my phone for me cause it took me a damn while and reading the instructions made me realise how bad my comprehension skills were. I had to read it over three times to fully understand this bullshit- (Read if you have no life..Yes Uyen, this is a sign for you to keep reading babygurl)

PHONE UNLOCK PROCEDURE
PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT ANY UNLOCK PROCESS
This procedure unlocks the handset from being network restricted from only using SIM cards from Vodafone Australia. In case of difficulties, please refer to the FAQ listed below
1.      Take note of the unlocking code shown above
2.      Insert a Non-Vodafone Australia working SIM card.
3.      Ensure the phone is charged and then switch the phone on.
4.      Optional Step: If the SIM card has a PIN, enter your PIN number. (See FAQ below)
5.      The phone will then display the message “SIM card not valid” on the screen. (Different message? See FAQ below)
  1. Carefully read the following steps before attempting to enter the unlock code. This step has the potential to PERMANENTLY BLOCK YOUR PHONE!
Enter into the phone, using the touch screen, #pw+ followed by the 15-digit unlocking code then +1# (The unlocking code is shown above). Do not enter the 15-digit IMEI number by mistake
To enter p press the * (star) key three times
To enter w press the * (star) key four times
To enter + press the * (star) key two times
For Example: If your 15-digit unlocking code is 123456789012345, enter the following in sequence: #pw+12456789012345+1#.
(When entering the unlocking sequence it disappears? See the FAQ below)
7.      The handset will display “SIM card restriction Off” unlocked after successful entry of the unlocking code. This will be confirmed if you can make and receive calls with the Non-Vodafone Australia SIM card. (You will need reception and phone credit with the different network provider)
Please Note:
If a wrong unlocking code is entered, it will display “CODE ERROR
If the 15-digit unlock code is incorrectly entered three (3) consecutive times the phone will be blocked and it will display “Not Allowed” and is now a blocked phone. If you enter the unlocking sequence correctly after that point the phone will still not unlock due to it now being blocked.
To unblock your phone, please contact Vodafone Customer Care on 1555 (Free call from your Vodafone Mobile) or 1300 650 410 (from any other phone). The phone will continue to work with a Vodafone Australia SIM card.

Anyway, I finally unlocked the N97 so life is pretty good. Feel free to text and I'll reply with a new number hehe. So I'll be carrying two phones with me from now on.. Don't judge my brick alright